Monday 13 May 2013

Cables and Colour

When i'm not working, i'm knitting. This summer my goal was to learn to cable and i've done it! I made a sock! This sock marks a number of learning curves for me, those of you familiar with knitting terms, I learned the following on this sock: Cables! Magic Loop technique and short rows. Unfortunately the sock is too big for me (had the wrong needle size, have to work with what you've got when your on the side of a mountain!) but they'll fit the hubby. I've learned that I love cables, they are so much fun to make and (I think) look fantastic. Cowl and Company will likely have a number of lovely cabled cowls this winter, so keep your eyes peeled!


I also love colour, so I made a SUPER long (long enough to wrap 3 times!) cowl from a yarn colour set by Sunshine Yarns. I just kept knitting stripes until I ran out of yarn. I looks Christmasy but I love it, it is squishy, soft, merino wool goodness! May be a cowl I have to keep for myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment